My colleague Cheryl was telling me about this recipe that she found online. I asked her to send it to me and
it looked so good I thought I should share it with you. I think I may make it this weekend. Cheers,
I didn’t realize the photo would be so small so here’s the recipe:
Asparagus and Parmesan Tart makes 4 servings
1 sheet thawed puff pastry
1/2 lb new potatoes, thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon olive oil plus another 2 teaspoons, divided
3/8 teaspoon each salt & pepper – divided into 1/4 and 1/8 teaspoons
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound of trimmed asparagus
4 slices of prosciutto
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. On a floured surface, roll out pastry into a 16″ x 10″ rectangle and transfer it to a baking sheet. Lightly score the pastry 1″ in from the edge and then pierce all over. Bake until puffed and crisp, around 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, on another baking sheet, toss the potatoes with the olive oil, salt & pepper. Bake until almost tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Spread the sour cream on the cooked pastry and sprinkle on the Parmesan. Layer on potatoes and asparagus. Brush with the 1 teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle on the 1/8 teaspoons of salt and pepper. Bake 15-20 minutes until tart is golden.
5. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over high heat and cook the prosciutto, stirring until crisp. (about 2 minutes). Break into pieces, scatter over tart and serve.
Ok, Cheryl beat me to it. Here’s her version of the tart – it looks yummy too!
Have a fantastic weekend,